Our daily work is inseparable from all kinds of burs. After knowing the model of the dental burs, when we ask the assistant or nurse to prepare the car needle, it will be easy to communicate and avoid "what kind of dental burs do you want to take for me?" If it's cooperation, it's easy to say. If it's a new partner, you'll be at a loss. And doctors will be clear when applying for materials or purchasing.
Dental burs is used by dentists to grind and drill teeth, and dental technicians to repair dentures by grinding and using rotary tools.
1. Composition of dental burs:
The dental burs consists of a working part and a handle.
2. Classification of dental burs
① According to the purpose: the dental burs is divided into dental burs for dentists and dental burs for technicians in the dental technician's room.
② According to materials: dental burs are divided into steel dental burs, tungsten dental burs, carborundum dental burs and ceramic dental burs.
③ According to the rotating speed, it can be divided into two categories: high-speed dental burs and low-speed dental burs.
④ According to the shape of the working part: commonly used are ball drill, split drill, reverse taper drill, ball head split drill (crown breaking needle), wheel drill.
⑤ According to the shape of the cutting edge of the working part: flat edge, serrated edge (file pattern).
3. In the use of short high-speed dental burs and body fluids that enter into contact with blood and body tissues, they belong to the supervision scope of class II medical devices and need to be reported to the relevant departments registered by the state; low-speed dental vehicles are strict supervision of class I medical devices.
4. Basic standards of dental burs: the total length of standard high-speed dental burs is 19mm, stem diameter is 1.6mm; the length of standard low-speed dental burs s is 22mm, stem diameter is 2.35mm; the diameter of standard low-speed straight handle is 44mm, 2.35mm
5. The high-speed dental drill is made of steel or tungsten steel. Due to the strength of low hardness steel, it is easy to process precision edge teeth. Now there are some cities with steel high-speed dental car roof. Now the market is mainly tungsten steel high-speed dental drill.
The foreign dentists, who mainly use carbide drills, seldom use high-speed drills.
Automobile tungsten steel needle is a sharp cutting edge with smooth cutting surface and no scratch. Tungsten steel has high hardness, sharpness, durability, high cutting efficiency and cutting quality.
The diamond drill grinds the teeth or repair the scratches on the surface of the hard emery abrasive; the emery abrasive is attached to the stainless steel substrate, abraded with emery abrasive, falling off, sharpness, long service life and grinding efficiency, and the quality is not high.
Tungsten steel dental burs are mainly imported. Only a few dental tungsten steel dental burs are produced by tool manufacturers according to industry standards. Now there are several automobile manufacturers of tungsten steel dental burs with high technology and precision CNC machine tools in China. In the near future, domestic dentists will use more high-quality domestic tungsten steel dental burs
1、 Classification according to the size of carborundum grains
The handle of coarse-grained carborundum needle (125-150 μ m) is marked with black or green rings;
The handle of standard carborundum needle (106-125 μ m) is marked with blue ring;
The handle of the fine-grained carborundum needle (53-63 μ m) is marked with a red or colorless ring;
The handle of the very fine-grained rigid sand lathe needle (20-30 μ m) is marked with yellow or white color ring.
2、 By function
1) Initial grinding needle: when cutting a large number of needles, the needle with coarse grain size of emery (> 150 μ m) is generally used.
2) Fine grinding needle: the needle less than 40 μ m is used for fine grinding and polishing of the prepared tooth surface.
3) Short Bing carborundum needle: it is used for the preparation of teeth in the molar area with small mouth opening, especially in the preparation of teeth in the molar area or in the preparation of teeth in the molar area of patients with abnormal buccal fat pad.
4) Long handle carborundum needle: preparation of 1 / 3 area of gingiva with longer clinical crown.
5) Shoulder carriage needle: the design of this kind of carriage needle only has emery on the top of its end, which is used to trim and prepare the shoulder of the neck edge of the tooth.
6) Long and thin neck carborundum needle: to ensure the better exposure of the operation field, so that the tooth preparation can accurately transition to the deep dentin, and ensure the minimum damage to the tooth.
Because the needle is operated in the patient's mouth and often contacts saliva, blood and mucous membrane tissue, the choice of disinfectant is relatively strict.
It is very important to clean and disinfect the dental burs. Because it is related to the health of doctors and patients and the elimination of cross infection, it is very necessary to promote the work of "one person one special vehicle needle" on the basis of "one person one machine" used in dental mobile phone, so it should be fully paid attention to by the majority of medical staff.